Wednesday, January 5, 2011

OLW Banner

I've been patiently waiting for Straight From The Nest and Sweet Treats to arrive to add to my banner but I decided to go ahead and post what I've done so far.  For the ends I plan on using either the butterfly or owl from SFTN.  


I wanted to make a banner for my OLW (one little word) so that anytime I'm in my craft room, I can be reminded of what I'm striving for this year.  I wish I had cut the banner pieces a little larger than 5" (usually I do 5.5") but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I used a cereal box to line the back of the banner pieces because the paper was fairly thin.  To cut it with my Cricut, I first cut it down to size, and then adjusted my blade to 6 with "max" pressure.  It cut it perfectly and I didn't even have to buy a deep blade or make any alterations once finished.


Here's the recipe!


My Mind's Eye (Penny Lane) - patterned paper
Core'dinations - white cardstock
Gypsy Font - Letters 2.75"
Rosette  - 2"
Tags, Bags, Boxes & More - Banner 5"
Fiskars - punch
Ribbon - Hobby Lobby
cereal box for backing (Thanks Kix!)



0 comments: